Rothblatt Space Settlement In Our Lifetime Prize
Every Generation Has Its Heroes
Martine Rothblatt is a hero for our time, and she invites you to become one too. Besides starting the first satellite radio network, Sirius XM, and the first company to print transplantable human organs at scale, United Therapeutics, Martine envisions large human settlements in free space and on planetary bodies that will accommodate hundreds of thousands to millions of people living, working, and raising families in a shirt-sleeve environment. These space settlements, based on the visions of Gerard O’Neill, will be optimized to allow people to live life to its fullest. This is a long-standing vision, but Martine’s methodology to get us there is unique, leveraging modern ideas of digitizing the human consciousness and using simple financial tools to underwrite this vast venture. In her speech to the National Space Society’s International Space Development Conference® (ISDC®) she references many components of this vision and you should watch the video below for inspiration. There are countless nuances within that will fire your imagination and allow you to create your own vision in the form of a well-designed, comprehensive business plan.
The National Space Society is proud to announce the Rothblatt Space Settlement in Our Lifetime Prize Business Plan Competition. Entrants can win $8,000, $5,000, or $3,000 for their business plan that enable space settlement based on Rothblatt’s vision of the future as presented at ISDC 2019.
The Rothblatt Space Settlement in Our Lifetime Prize Entry Form
What are the requirements?
• You can live anywhere. There are no residency requirements.
• Teams composed of 2 or more team members are required to participate.
• Entrants of all ages are encouraged, but note that all applicants compete against each other in a single pool.
• Watch the Rothblatt Vision video https://go.nss.org/MartineISDC2019
• Submit an entry form (below) no later than 11:59 PM ET on July 6, 2021.
• Submit your business plans via email by sending them to: [email protected] no later than 11:59 PM ET on July 20, 2021.
• All entries must be in English.
NOTE: This competition is void where prohibited, but international entries are welcomed.
For more information about the Rothblatt Business Plan Competition email: [email protected]